Affirming and promoting the goal of world community with Peace, Liberty and Justice for all, Unitarian Universalists (UUs) become internationally engaged in diverse ways.
Engaging Unitarian Universalists and their Congregations
The Unitarian Universalist Association’s (UUA’s) International Officeprovides resources to congregations for international engagement; coordinates with the various Unitarian, Universalist, and Unitarian Universalist (U/U) organizations involved in international ministry; and maintains and develops linkages with historic and new U/U judicatories around the world based upon principles of right relationship. Congregations can make use of our most popular resources
- Faith Without Borders—an international engagement program for congregations
- Communications Tools: Newsletter, Blog, Facebook,
- Religious Education Materials
- International Opportunities for UUs, Ministers, Seminarians
Or, find a complete catalog of resources.
Partnering for Social Change in India
The UUA’s Holdeen India Program (UUHIP) works with organizations in India that support the country’s most vulnerable groups in their efforts to advance justice and equity.
Bringing UU Values to the United Nations
The UUA’s United Nations Office (UU-UNO) is engaged in international advocacy work at the United Nations based on UU values. The UU-UNO’s programmatic initiatives include:
- A global LGBT Human Rights Initiative
- United Nations Sunday
- The “Every Child is Our Child” Program in Ghana
- The Dana Greeley Sermon Award
- The Intergenerational Spring Seminar
- The Climate Change Task Force
- The UU-UNO Congregational Envoy Program
For more information contact international @ uua.org.